Suffering from ITP. Given Nplate injection. Can I take Advil for sprained back?

I have ITP my platelets were down to 44k I was given a injection of Nplate and in one week my count went to 357k then 389k the next week .my question is can i take a couple Advil for a sprained back? Tyenol does nothing
Posted Sat, 14 Jul 2012 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 51 minutes later

Thanks for the query

Advil contains ibuprofen which can increase chances of bleeding in ITP. I would suggest you to take opioid analgesics instead like tramadol to prevent such misfortune. It is as potent as ibuprofen as a painkiller . Please XXXXXXX your doctor for a prescription.

I hope I have answered your query, please accept my answer if you have no further queries

I wish you good health