Suffering from IBS. Noticed blood in urine. Am I having haemorrhoids?

i have been an IBS patient with constipation for the last five years. I have noticed in the past 2 days that when i stool there is fresh red bright blood in the toilet. I didn't notice it until it was time to wipe. it is coming from my anal. I would like to know what that means. Does it means that i have hemorrhoids or somethings of that nature?

Posted Sun, 28 Oct 2012 in IBS(Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
In presence of constipation may be you are having hard stools also, if that is the case then you are probably having a local tear- anal fissure in which you have a bright red bleeding.
It may be due to hemorrhoids/piles also but you would have a bit dark bleeding,
at times fresh bleed can occur from polyps also.
Cancer is not a possibility at that age.
You should take laxatives like Cremaffin/duphalac to produce just soft stools so the local stretching would be less and bleeding would not be a problem.
You should also get reviewed by a surgeon.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have any follow up queries or doubts, you can forward them for me, and I shall be glad to help you.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.