Suffering from GERD, giddiness, thick tongue, headache and cough. Required treatment?

Sep 2012

I am 39 year old Male and I am having same symptoms like what many of suffering and don’t know what to do. I am suffering with this since the age of 13 f.

I am writing my symptoms, Symptoms:
1 ) Severe Hyper Acidty ; GERD ; Acute Gastritics
1) Blind spot (like suddenly you came in dark from bright sunlight)
2) Kind of XXXXXXX ( you can see figure but you cant see face)
3) Some time numbness in palm, giddiness, vomiting sensation.
4) A state of mind where difficult to describe.
5) Tongue becomes thick.
6) fill like dont have any control
7) Once headache occurs, it doesn’t go easily.
8) Head remain very heavy till next 2 days.
9) Coughing, sneezing or bending your head down gives you sharp pain in your head.
Posted Thu, 15 Nov 2012 in GERD
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 2 hours later
Firstly, the symptoms you told are very much representative of MIGRAINE.
In this disease, you will feel XXXXXXX then you will have some neurological abnormality, and mostly giddiness, vomiting sensation. Migraine itself cause gastric irritation, without any gastrointestinal disease condition. It occurs due to hypersecretion of glands.

You have to follow some instruction :
1. In acute condition, you can take paracetamol and prochlorperazine group of drugs for relief. You can also use other nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs.
If the condition is very severe take a low dose sedative agent like diazepam group of drugs. One pantoprazole group of drug should also be taken.

2. For maintenance, many drugs are used .
- cyproheptadine like antihistaminics.
-Metoprolol like beta blockers.
-Fluoxetine group of drugs,
-Ergotamine group of drugs.
- sumatriptan group of drugs,
- Verapamil / lisinopril group of drugs.
The above drugs used either singly or in combination of two or more drugs depending upon the severity and physical profile of the patient.
So, consult with a neurologist for a thorough physical examination, investigation if needed, and dose adjustment and frequency of the abovementioned drugs.

The disease is completely curable if you take those medicines daily.

Hope the information suffices. Let me know, if you have more question.