Suffering from G6PD deficiency. Prescribed with Co-dydramol for tendon inflammations. Medication safe?

Hi, i suffer of G6PD Deficiencies, last night i went to Emergency for a tendon inflametions and they gave me Co-Dydramol tablets. Are safe for me?
Posted Sat, 7 Jul 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Abid 22 minutes later
Hi there,

"Co-Dydramol" is a combination of Paracetamol 500mg with 7.5 mg of dihydrocodeine. Both of drugs can be used for pain control in patients having Glucose-6-phosphate Dehydrogenase (G6PD) deficiency.

So you can use it safely.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have any other concerns.

Regards and wish you good health.