Suffering from Fibromyalgia and depression. Overweight. Bruises without injury

Hi My name is XXXXXXX I am 51, over weight. I suffer from severe Fibromyalgia and major depressive order. I keep getting bruises for no reason. They occur on one side of my body. sides,breast ,thighs,stomache. I hurt when moving certain ways.Please help
Posted Thu, 28 Jun 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Chandana Krishna 33 minutes later

Thank you for writing.

Easy bruising is a very common complaint in patients with fibromyalgia.
It’s because of thinning of blood vessels of skin which easily breaks on even subtle injury.

Some drugs used in fibromyalgia can also precipitate bruising. Medications need to be adjusted if there is severe bruising.

Best way to avoid it is wearing protective clothing and avoiding activities which cause bruise.

Never stop any medication without talking to our doctor.

Kindly write to me if you have any other queries.