Suffering from Constipation

i have a feeling at back passage as if i want to empty bowels AS IF SOMTHING IS PUSHING DOWN
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Constipation
Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 17 minutes later

Thanks for posting the query on XXXXXXX

After going through your query, I would like to comment the following:

1. Considering you age, medical conditions and medications , your symptoms seem to be of indigestion/ constipation / sense of incomplete evacuation of bowels.

2. The cause could be your decreased diet intake overall, decreased water intake, decreased fiber content in your diet or medication (pravastatin).

3. The above are the possibilities only when there is no external visible abnormality at the site of passing motions.

4. Thus I suggest that you increase your dietary intake, increase your water intake, increase the fiber content in your diet, increase the content of salads along with meal, consume fresh fruits.

5. If not relieved by these measures then you may start a laxative medicine at bed time under prescription from your physician.

6. If still not controlled, then please consult your physician regarding the continuation of parvastatin or its substitution with another medicine.

7. If despite the above measures, your symptoms are not controlled , then you need to get yourself further evaluated for the same with your Physician/ Gastroenterologist.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be glad to answer any follow up queries.

Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries.

Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra