Suffering from CKD. Need information on stem cell therapy in India

I have son aged 24 years and he has CKD with 2.2 creatine. I have been reading number of articles on Stem Cell Therapy and especially stem cells extratced from Bone Marrow and fat transplanted on diseased kidneys. Claims of a good success rate have been made. Question-
1) Are there reputed hospitals in Chennai or other major cities in India that provide similar services?
2) Are they ICMR/FDA approved?How do I check their credentials?
3) do these hospitals provide post treatment care during recuperation like the Chinese model.
Posted Mon, 11 Jun 2012 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Avinash Ignatius 15 hours later

Stem Cell therapy has shown some promising benefits in cardiac and neurological disorders.

Stem cell therapy has been attempted in kidney diseases, but these are usually acute kidney diseases/ acute glomerulonephritis where some benefits have been noticed. Attempts at using stem cell in chronic kidney disease are in their infancy and experimental.

A trial of stem cell in CKD stage 3, at AIIMS New Delhi, did not show any benefit. Likely reason being the the basic collagen scaffold on which the filters are arranged is replaced by fibrous tissue. Without the scaffold the stem cells would not be able to regenerate the complex structure of each nephron (1 million per kidney)

There are stem cell centre which offer these services (Most are privately owned commercial enterprises), however it is very difficult to check their credentials, and the promises have to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Im yet to see a patient of proven CKD improving with stem cell therapy.

Follow-up: Suffering from CKD. Need information on stem cell therapy in India 45 minutes later
Thank you for your response.I have a few follow up questions to make=

1) Do you have information on private hospitals/clinics that provide stem cell therapy for CKD patients in Mumbai, Chennai and Bangalore
2) Do you know about International Stemcell Services Ltd, based in Bangalore. They are doing pioneering research in stem cell therapy and have also conducted field trails on CKD patients and have also obtained ICMR approval?
Answered by Dr. Avinash Ignatius 49 minutes later
There are a number of centres doing trials on stem cells, with ICMR approval. The procedure itself carries a relatively low risk, especially if it's autologus stem cells. ICMR websites may provide additional details.

Due to the terms of this site im unable to provide further specific information on these centres.