Suffering from CIDP. Is it safe to take ashwagandha. Will there be any side effects?

Ayurveda Specialist

I have a cidp, which is autoimune disorder, before it i used to take ashwagandha, it helped with sleepin, stress etc.... now I read in some places it is contraindicated with autoimune. Is that so, I did take it recently, but didn't notice any harm from it side. Can I start with smaller dose and see how it will work.

I would like to take it again since it hepls with stress and insomnia, but in onve place i alse read it is recommended for cidp. Like it can work like imunomodulator of so.. Ansd I neve had side effects. Unlike other allopatic pills.

Thank you
Posted Mon, 27 Aug 2012 in Ayurveda
Answered by Dr. Nikul Patel 1 hour later

As per your query about usefulness of ashwagandha and is there any hazards or not?

I like to clarify that ashwagandha has no contraindication in immune system; however it is likely to improve immune system.

As you have experience of ashwagandha as usefulness in stress and sleep, and you feel well. As per ayurveda treatment, you can take it without any fear it never harms or not any contraindications for any auto immune conditions.

I like to advice also that there is no need to start with smaller dose. You can start as full dosage.

Hope this helps. Do write back for follow up queries that you may have.

Dr. Nikul Patel
Ayurveda Consultant
Follow-up: Suffering from CIDP. Is it safe to take ashwagandha. Will there be any side effects? 2 hours later
Dear dr. Nikul,

thank you for your reply, I was thinking same, especialy since all I wrote are just opinions and I never read that anybody with cidp/gbs had adverse reaction from ashwagandha.

I am from Croatia, I have one more question.

I recovered very good from cidp, but allopatic doctors
here can be XXXXXXX I got cidp due to weakend immune
system what resulted for not needed therapy with
solumedrol for realy insignificant asthma..

Ok, this was not subject of my query, can you recommend any address web site or whatever where I could get additionl information how to deal with cidp and few other issues... if you can...

If not, I may find it myeslf..

hope to hear from you and then I will accept answer you provided.

Warm regards

Follow-up: Suffering from CIDP. Is it safe to take ashwagandha. Will there be any side effects? 2 minutes later
Just wanted to add I use XXXXXXX Ashwagnadha, which is very good quality, and their XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Vati is the only remedy that took care of my HBP

Great medicines.
Answered by Dr. Nikul Patel 37 hours later

There is no particular ayurveda related website in my knowledge for specific CIDP / GBS condition, treatment and solution for that. Excuse me for that.
XXXXXXX ashwagandha and XXXXXXX XXXXXXX vat I is good remedy. Further XXXXXXX XXXXXXX vati is good for hypertension. You may continue that.

Hope this has been helpful. Let me know if you have any other concerns.

Dr. Nikul Patel
Ayurveda Consultant