Suffering from Anal Fissure, recommended operation. Feel burning sensation, recommended Oflomac, Bifilac and Anobliss. Suggest?

Gastroenterologist
Question
Sir
I am suffering from Acute Anal Fissure and doctor recommended an operation. I feel severe burning sensation while sitting and standing for long time. I have been recommended Oflomac 200 + Bifilac+ P-500 and Anobliss cream for the treatment. Would you kindly advise if these medicines can reduce pain and heal fissure ? Is an operation necessary ?
XXXXX
Posted Tue, 1 Oct 2013 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Operation is not advisable in acute fissure

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM).

Surgery is never advised in acute anal fissure, it is advised in chronic anal fissure only.

Along with these medicine take sitz bath at least 4 times a day as this will reduce pain and will also help in healing. Also make your stool soft by taking some laxative and taking high fibrous diet may add psyllium fibres also.Also instead of Anobliss you should use ointment that contains diltizem, I have found it to better than anobliss in my patients. Yes the medicine you have mentioned above leads to healing of the fissure.

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. If you have any further query I will be happy to answer that too. Remain in touch and get-well soon.

Follow-up: Suffering from Anal Fissure, recommended operation. Feel burning sensation, recommended Oflomac, Bifilac and Anobliss. Suggest? 42 hours later
Dear sir
Thank you for your advice. I consulted a surgeon and he suggested me a minor operation. But I want to avoid the operation. Can the fissure be cured with medication only ? Again, since 4-5 days (even though the problem is almost one month old), I am unable to sit due to sever burning sensation at my ano. After taking pain killer I feel relief. But is there any permanent solution without going through an operation ?

XXXXX

Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes fissure can be cured with medications alone

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thanks for feedback. Yes fissure can be cured with medications alone. Take the medications as I mentioned above I hope fissure will be cured without going through an operation.Wish you a good health