Suffering from ADHD with mild autism. Can Axepta 10 along with ayurveda medicines be given together?

Question
Can Axepta 10 or 18 along with ayurveda medicines be given together? Will it have side efects? My son is 4 yrs old and is an adhd with very mild autism?
Posted Thu, 19 Jul 2012 in ADHD

Answered by Dr. Neelam Ashish Vanjari 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for writing in.

The drug Axepta works by acting on brain chemicals called amines which are involved in controlling behaviour.

Some medicines may be affected by Axepta or its own action gets either reduced or increased leading to side effects.

So I would recommend you not give Axepta along with Ayurvedic medicines whose interaction is not yet known. The two drugs together may either potentiate effect or reduce effect or may cause side effects. Pediatric population is more vulnerable to side effects.

Continue drug Axepta as advised by your treating physician.

I hope I have answered your query. In case of any doubt, I shall be happy to help you.

Best regards,
Dr. Neelam.