Suffering from 3rd degree piles. Will consuming amla and aloe vera juice help in reducing piles?

I suffer from 3rd degree piles and now it make me difficult sit to sit for long hours. I am an hypothyroid patient and it is under control. I would like to know if consuming amla juice and aloe vera juice will help reducing piles and weight?Are there any natural ways to continue with good health and well being. I suffered with this problem during my first pregnancy, hence would like to do something before I go for my second pregnancy. Please suggest
Posted Mon, 25 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Avoid constipation and straining.... Detailed Answer: Hi, Surgical correction of hemorrhoids is restricted to 3rd degree piles only if regular conservative measures fail to address the problem. Therefore if you wish to avoid surgical interventions, you will need strict life style and diet changes. Primary goal of conservative non surgical treatment is to avoid constipation and straining. A glass of amla or aloe vera juice is not known to take care of all the problems; you will need much more efforts. Let me suggest you other regular non operative measures that can help you. 1. During acute symptoms if there is severe pain and difficulty to pass stool, you can try warm sitz bath twice or thrice a day. It would relieve pain, inflammation and swelling which in turn can affect the way you pass stool. Use this method liberally whenever there is a situation. 2. Drink plenty of fluids. I recommend my patients to drink at least 1 - 2 litre of fluid in any form. Even plain water will do. 3. Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables. They add to your fibre content and help in increasing the bulk of stool 4. Use good stool softner. Banana has properties to soften stool and aid in passing stool. Take one at night and one as you get up. 5. Start your day with a glass of water. 6. If you are constipated for day or two, use laxatives like Syp lactulose 20ml. Use laxatives only when required and not every day. 7. Practice physical exercise and regular activity. 8. Lastly keep your thyroid hormones under limits. It helps in controlling your weight as well as preventing constipation. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarification. Regards
Follow-up: Suffering from 3rd degree piles. Will consuming amla and aloe vera juice help in reducing piles? 8 minutes later
Thanks Doctor for your quick response. I am currently using Cremadiet as a stool softner. Is it good to use it everyday. Please let me know if you would like to suggest anything else.
Answered by Dr. Prasad 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: It is better to use it only whenever needed... Detailed Answer: Hi, Cremaffin is a good choice. I hope you do not have history of diabetes. I do not encourage my patients to use any form of laxative for long duration of time. Laxatives need to be taken only during emergency times. I understand presence of 3rd degree hemorroids needs laxative therapy; however discuss with your doctor if you can do only with other diet/life style change without laxative. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarification. Regards