Ask a Urologist   »  

Suffering frequently from UTI. Have smelling urine with itching and lower abdomen pain. Suggest?

I am suffering frequently from UTI. Currently it is very much increased. Urine smells And its very itchy always. I have lower abdomen pain too. What should I do now. I have not consulted any doctor till now.
Posted Thu, 12 Sep 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Get a urine r/m and culture.

Detailed Answer:
Dear madam,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Looking into your problem I see that you have already started antibiotics but since you are still having symptoms it is needed to consult a doctor get a CBC , urine r/m and c/s to start the exact antibiotic.

I advise you to drink lot of fluids , use urine alkaliniser like citrosoda XXXXXXX Rest and avoid exertion . Take paracetamol if fever is there .

A USG abdomen will be necessary to rule out any obstruction . A lower abdominal pain is common with UTI.

Dr. Shruti