Suffering form upper left abdominal pain. What test should be done?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical

I am suffering form upper left abdominal pain just below my ribs, recently it is radiating to my left Hypochondriac region and left arm. I recently undergone Ultrasound and my pancreas and spleen are adviced to me as normal. Pain comes and goes, severity is increasing recently. Please advice me what tests should I undergo to diagnose. I had endoscopy done 2 years before for GERD and was normal.I stopped PPI’s after endoscopy.
Posted Sat, 24 Nov 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
There are a number of possibilities which need to be considered.
1. Left renal colic. This will require a plain x XXXXXXX KUB to be done and if required a USG of the KUB region.
2. If assocaited with constipation then a course of stool softners will help.
3. Peptic ulcer disease will require a endoscopy to be done .
4. cardiac cause for pain needs to be ruled out by doing as stress ECG evaluation.
I hope this answers your querry.
With regards