Suffering form duodenal ulcer. What treatment should be done?

my brother now suffering form duodenal ulcer.pls send your phone number doctor.
Posted Sat, 9 Feb 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 19 hours later

Firstly, I would sincerely apologize for the delay in attending your query.

I would like to know some more details on your brother's condition to understand the problem better and provide specific advice.

Since when is your brother suffer from the duodenal ulcer?
How was the presence of ulcer confirmed? Did he get an endoscopy done?
Since when is he on Omez and Gelusil?

If you want to consult me on phone, do mail requesting the service to YYYY@YYYY . Our customer response team would arrange for a consultation on call.

Waiting for your response,
Follow-up: Suffering form duodenal ulcer. What treatment should be done? 4 hours later
doctor,my brother suffer from 4years and he not done endoscopy and he taken medication 4year. doctor sorry for the mistake,he suffer from ulcer only.he done scan, in scan report mentioned normal study.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 9 hours later

Thanks for the information.

Acid peptic disease of 4 years duration has to be dealt well, it can present with serious complications like gastric or duodenal ulcers which may perforate.

I would suggest him to get an Endoscopy done , the test will provide images of the inner side of the esophagus and stomach .Based on the severity and the type of the gastritis the treatment can be planned.

Meanwhile let him continue the Omez or go for a better antacid like Pantaprazole. Do discuss with your treating doctor and get a suitable dose prescribed.

Please do let me know if there are any other concerns.

Follow-up: Suffering form duodenal ulcer. What treatment should be done? 1 hour later
Thanks doctor.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 10 hours later
You are welcome.

Thanks for using this service.