Suffering for high THS. Will this affect in getting pregnant? Is this curable?

My wife is suffering for High THS.
We had test few days back. THS was quite high(33). whereas it should between 0.3 to 5
I have few questions:-
1. Does it affect in getting pregrant?
2. Which food she should avoid eating?
3. Which food she should eat?
4. Is it curiable?
5.How long it will take THS to come at normal level?
Posted Thu, 14 Mar 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. V. Kumaravel 22 hours later
Dear sir:

welcome to health care magic. I do understand that your wife, a 24 year old female has high TSH of around 33. High TSH means that she has hypothyroidism (Low functioning thyroid).

High TSH can definitely affect your pregnancy and she would require treatment. I would prefer to get a further blood tests like Free T4 and Anti TPO Antibody, both are blood tests. This would help us to fix up the dose of Thyroxine required for treatment

It is definitively treatable, Once treatment is started The TSH would take 6 to 8 weeks to normalize.

There is not much dietary restriction, studies have shown that food like cabbage, turnip and cauliflower can affect your thyroid and is preferable to avoid them.

Follow-up: Suffering for high THS. Will this affect in getting pregnant? Is this curable? 12 hours later
With hyporthayroid treatment can my wife get consullt with gynocologist as she could not concieve from last 1year. Is it okey to have simultanious medication for both thyroid and pregnancy.
Answered by Dr. V. Kumaravel 40 minutes later
Dear sir:

Many thanks for your follow-up question. Your wife has to continue thyroxine treatment for hypothyroid and can definitely continue consulting a gynecologist.

It would be preferable to normalise the hypothyroid state with thyroxine medication, before pregnancy.

Even if she becomes pregnant, she may be required to continue thyroxine based on her clinical profile and laboratory value and thyroxine will not affect the baby.

Hope i had clarified your question.