Suffering bowl issue, rumbling tummy with watery stool without nausea. On cifran. Continue with medicine?

I was given cifran 500 to treat a bowl issue. I now have a rumbling tummy and my stools have become watery. I have no nausea. Should I continue using this.

Posted Mon, 13 May 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Aparna Amritsagar 40 minutes later
Thanks for writing your query to us.
Continue Cifran 500 mg two times in a day for 5 days.
If you had already taken cifran course for 5 days & still having loose motion that means infection is not responding to the medicine & there is no point on taking it further. Stop cifran after completing 5 days course.
Kindly get your stool examination done if you have persistent watery stools even after completing course of cifran.
Drink more oral fluids to avoid dehydration.
I hope i have answered your query. Incase you have any further query i will be happy to help you.Take care.