Suffered with mild diabetes, BP. Had normal ECG, sugar test, collapsed and died on the spot. Cause?

Cardiologist
Question
My brother 42 yrs old, was Doctor and he died on 5th May 2013 morning 7 am , he had mild diabetes and mild BP medicine, however he had done his ECG and Sugar test on 1st may and both were was normal.
He was collapsed at the spot.
Pls let me know the suggested cause of death?
Also Can someone bleed from the mouth while dying from a heart attack?
Posted Fri, 7 Jun 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 33 minutes later
hi,
welcome to health care magic,
as your doubt about sudden cardiac death, sudden cardiac death has so many reasons , most common were from coronary artery disease , arrhythmias .
Heart attack can occurs any time , inspite of previous normal ECG.
Bleeding from mouth usually may not present during heart attack, may occur if it is associated upper GI, lung problems co incidentally.
thank you.

Follow-up: Suffered with mild diabetes, BP. Had normal ECG, sugar test, collapsed and died on the spot. Cause? 2 hours later
I dont think my brother has any Upper GI ,lung problems in past.
So can you pls suggest why he had bleed from the mouth while dying from a heart attack.

Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 7 minutes later
hi.
bleed can occur in sudden massive bleed in oesophagus or stomach like vericial rupture /gastric ulcer perforation / or in lungs like bronchial rupture and this thing itself can cause sudden death.
thank you