Suffered sprain and having pain. Suffer anxiety. Done with Cortisol test and hemogram. Had c-section. Guide?

Im 32 yr female 78kg now. Im a left hander. My problem started back in August 2012. I suffered a sparin like pain in my left arm and experienced pain .I was 84 kg that time. I decided to join a gym to control my weight. Everything went fine for 4 months when I once overdid excercise and was about to faint. Ive a low bp baseline. 80/100,70/100.after that I lost my confidence and startwd having anxiety of doing excercise. Now ive persistent but very mild pain from last 6 months. Its sometimes just above my breast, sometomes in forearm, shoulder bone and sometimes near underarm left side. Its mild. When im working I dnt feel it but when I think of it I have it and I start getting nervous and my heart beat gets faster and then ive cramps in tummy and I start having loose motions because of fear. My doc made me go through thyroid test. Cortisol test and hemogram which all went ok. Then I got lipid done which were slightly higher but not alarming. Now ive been told its sttress. But still doc wants me to get tmt and eco tests done. Ive no other medical history. Ive never suffered anythng all my life. Ive a 3yr old daughter ceaserian . And ive a multiload for family planning.sometimes I feel numbness in left very scared
Posted Sun, 14 Jul 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 1 hour later
Dear patient

thanks for your query. For the most part, it seems that your cardiovascular probability for heart disease is low, but your physician wants to conduct a provocative test such as a treadmill to ensure that the symptoms are not due to heart disease. If the test is negative, that would further decrease the probability of the symptoms coming from the heart which would be reassuring to you and help you build confidence to gradually get back to your exercise routine. At that juncture, other possibilities for your symptoms, such as a muscle sprain, would be higher in the differential diagnosis. Physical therapy or sports medicine consult might help then. I agree, many times the anxiety of feeling something wrong can cause a spiral of symptoms such as the ones you describe

yours truly

Dr Brenes Salazar MD
Mayo Clinic MN