Suffered from tightness at the base of pelvis. Had turp. Suggest the medication to cure tightness?

I have suffered from time to time from tightness at the base of the pelvis. I understand that this is quite independent of the prostate (I have now had a turp). Am I right in thinking that the tightness (when sitting on hard seats for example) can be relieved by medication?
Posted Fri, 27 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 3 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Base of pelvis technically refers to the sacral bones (tail bones). Presuming you are referring to the same location, yes conservative therapy (medication + lifestyle changes) can provide good relief. You will need intervention in the form of surgery if there are any physical changes seen on the surface or if the discomfort is associated with structural changes such as mass/lump.

If the tightness and discomfort is troubling you, I would refer you to surgeon for detailed examination. Doctor can evaluate and exclude physical and structural pathology if any is associated.

Hope this helps. If your concerns are not rightly addressed, please elaborate and describe your concern.