Suffered from hep c positive. Taking medicine for hypertension and diabetes. Reason for mild fatty liver?

General Surgeon
I had suffered from Viral hepatitis in 2008 it was HEP E positive .since then my liver enzymes have not come to normal its sgpt 98 sgot 53 .Iam hypertensive on tab atenolol 50 since last 7 years and recentely diagnosed high blood sugar now taking tab hight is 6 feet my wt is 87 kgs . last usg in 2011 showed mild fatty liver .My mail id is YYYY@YYYY
Posted Sun, 3 Mar 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 39 minutes later

Thanks for the query. SGPT can be raised not only in liver failure but also in Diabetes.
Regarding SGOT, it is 53, which is just above the normal higher limit. This value is of no significance. It is even raised in Chronic alchoholics.

Hepatitis E is a self limiting disease. Mild fatty liver can occur due to Alchohol, Diabetes, Hypertension, Drugs like methotrexate, Malnutrition etc. If the causative factor is controlled, the fatty liver gets subsided.

Please get a latest Ultrasound abdomen and post it here.

I will be able to guide you better after that. If you have any further queries, I will be available to clarify.

Wish you good health