Suffered from chikungunya. Have white stretch marks on thigh. How to get rid of this?

Excellent

Dermatologist
Question
Hello

Around 2 years back i sufferd from Chikungunya becuase of which there was abrupt swelling on my body with severe pain in joints. As the symptoms started disappering over period of time, i realised that there were white colored strech marks on my thighs. i am quited irritated due to all this.

kindly suggest how can i completely get rid of them & possibly avoid if it happens in future.

XXXXXXX
Posted Fri, 5 Apr 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 35 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX
You have developed stretch marks due to sudden swelling and hence stretching of skin.

Two treatment options are available.

1. Application of tretinoin cream. This gives some benefit but takes very long time.
2. Lasers. these give a good result but are costly and will require multiple sittings.

You will have to decide among the above.

Let me know if you have any other doubts.

Thank you

Follow-up: Suffered from chikungunya. Have white stretch marks on thigh. How to get rid of this? 13 hours later
Hello Dr XXXXXXX

If I use tretinoin what would be the time line that I'll start getting benefit?
What would be the best way & time to use this cream to avail maximum benefits?

XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 2 hours later
Hello thanks for the follow up.
You need to apply tretinoin 0.05 % cream overnight. Apply it daily for atleast 3 months.
Initially there will be slight irritation but this will go off slowly. In day you must apply a moisturising lotion.
Hope it works for you.
Thank you

Follow-up: Suffered from chikungunya. Have white stretch marks on thigh. How to get rid of this? 2 hours later
Hello

Before I got a reply from you I had already purchased tretinoin cream. It is tretin 0.025%.

Hope it'll give same result.

XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 3 hours later
It is ok, you can start with 0.025, next time buy the 0.05%.
ya it will give good result.
Thank you