Suffered from chest pain. Breathing is normal. Should I see a doctor?

The paramedics were called last night because I took a very hot shower and then my chest began to hurt so bad that I couldn't talk and I just fell down. My husband was extremely nervous and called 911. They tested me and my BP, heart rate, blood was fine. They hooked me up to a few things and that was fine. I did the sit, stand and walk test with BP all fine but now my parents believe I should go to the doctors as water may be in my lungs. Could I wait until Monday to see doc or go now? My chest aches a bit but I am breathing fine. And TMI but I also released gas when I was out after the shower. I thought maybe the steam when through that way??
Posted Sat, 7 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 59 minutes later
Brief Answer: You may see the doctor on monday. Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. According to me it may be a case of syncope due to heat stroke induced by heat shower. You Blood pressure and other vital parameters are normal right now. So in I opinion you may wait until monday to meet with your doctor. Secondly if it was due to water in your lungs(Pulmonary edema) than you will have difficulty in breathing which you are not having. But anyway you need medical evaluation for your chest pain. I would advise for an ECG and chest X ray to rule out any heart and ling conditions. Hope the answer helps you. Let me know if there is any clarification. Regards.