Suffered from bout of sepsis and treated with interveinous antibiotics. Have both hips replaced, still pain and stiffness

I am a 70 year old lady. Six years ago I suffered thru a bout of sepsis that nearly killed me.
After 3 months hospitalized and treated with interveinous antibiotics, and both hips replaced,
I still suffer from pain and stiffness and am being treated for arthritis.
What bothers me the most is the WEAKNESS I have from the waist down - almost immobility.
My orthopedic surgeon once mentioned that there was poor circulation to the hip bone, but never stated necropsis.
Could there be a connection to the sepsis?
Posted Mon, 23 Sep 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Jay Patel 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes it can be connected with sepsis.

Detailed Answer:

I am dr XXXXXXX and I will try my level best to address your concerns.

Their are chances that wrist problems may be due to sepsis, but mostly likely in present circumstance it seem like the cause is arthritis.
A further investigation needs to be done in case if we want to pinpoint exact diagnosis.

Now about hip its true that a poor circulation does lead to some issue and its not necessary it can be a necrosis, since necrosis is completed bone dead.

The poor circulation is partly due to progressing age, as the age advances the calcium and other substances gets accumulated in the inner surface of the blood vessels, like we see rust in metal piping. That accumulation on things leads to the poor circulation.

Thanks for the query. Please feel free to contact me in case of further concerns.