Suffered from Malaria, Chicken pox and skin problems. How keep myself healthy?

Ayurveda Specialist
Hello Doctor,

I am well now but from last year I ahve sufferd from Malaria,Checken pox,Viral,skin probelems. Could you please suggest me how to keep my self healthy from diceises and how to imporve my emmunity power.

Posted Wed, 12 Jun 2013 in Ayurveda
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 6 hours later

Thanks for contacting XXXXXXX and Ayurveda for your problem and going through your history I have come up with following healthy living and Immuno modulation concept

1.Anything you do, go low and go slow and make changes gradually,as your small changes become habit, you can continue to ADD more healthy choices.
2.Eat a variety of nutrient XXXXXXX food but who also have some added advantage like: .Cabbage (with cholesterol lowering benefits).
.carrot (helps in liver detoxification)
.cauliflower (ideal against abdominal problems)
.dates (खर्जूर )-(best for muscle development)
.onions ( contains flavinoids which protect against cardiovascular disease)
.garlic ( has broad spectrum antibiotic properties)

i.     Daily regime (दिनचर्या):Don’t skip breakfast-->Take your lunch between 12 -1 PM which is the peak period of Pitta (responsible for digestion)-->have your dinner 2 hours before sleeping.
ii.Make sure you do not travel,do heavy exercise,or indulge in sexual activities within one hour after meal
iii.It would be good if you cook some quick and healthy food and avoid taking junk/processed,easily available food from outside unless your job/occupation is of constant touring or mental/physical stress is more.
iv.Proper sleep with proper diet is the key to healthy living in Ayurveda.
v.Avoid smoking,alcohol,caffeine,eating late at night,stress,drink water instead of colas
vi.Practice Yoga,Meditation and go for an exercise regime..
vii.Walk a while after meal to help digestion
viii.Remember good food leads to noble thoughts with sound memory helping in mental health and social well being

As you suffered/experienced viral/parasitic infection in past, Rasayana drugs (Rejuvenation/Immuno modulators) should be instituted in your management as part of XXXXXXX (palliative) therapy i.e. which corrects the dysfunction of tissues without disturbing the functions of normal tissues,also Rasayana drugs potentiates humoral antibodies, by increasing serum Immunoglobulins such as IgA,IgG and IgM.

i.Proteins are essential for antibodies production so milk,egg (white), beans, yogurt, soyamilk, pumpkin, squash,watermelon,peanuts,almonds, if non-vegetarian (meat) are choices
ii.Vitamin A: helps in proper functioning of Thymus Gland: thus mango, carrots, cantaloupe (विलायती खरबूजा),egg yolk,apricots,pumpkin,papaya, are ideal
iii.     Vitamin C: is needed for proper functioning of immune system: amla (आमला ) is best
iv.Vitamin E: is a powerful anti oxidant which helps to stimulate antibody production: peanuts,dried apricots, cooked spinach (शलगम), taro root (अरबी) can be taken
v.Vitamin B is important for the activity of phagocytes: eggs,cheese,pistachio,raw garlic,sunflower and sesame oil.
vi.Ashwagandha,Mandukparni,Shatavari,Trikatu,Vacha,Guduchi,as single herb or Chyawanprash, Extraimmune,Septilin,S.I.V.A. drops in compound form are best Immuno modulators, you can consult with an Ayurveda Physician there in Delhi about the same.

Please revert back with your concerns

Dr.Munish Sood
Consultant & Physician