Suffered burn after applying bleach on face. Treating with ice and calamine lotion. Suggest?

Hi Doctor,

I suffered this burn after a few hours of application and removal of bleach on my face on Sunday. Although i have done this before without a problem but this time there is some reaction on the skin only on the area which can be seen in the photograph.

I am treating this with ice and lacto-calamine since two days but need your help if it is serious.
Posted Fri, 18 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Nothing to worry about.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query and photograph.
The burn area is not very severe.
You dont need to worry.
It will completely heal.

Just a bit change in treatment is required.
Apply calamine lotion in day while in night apply a mild steroid cream like 1% hydrocortisone cream.
Also take an anti histamine tablet like cetrizine.
This will give you faster relief.

Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you