Suffered anaphalactic reaction to medication. Feeling tired and dehydrated. Normal?

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist
I suffered an anaphalactic reaction to a medication 2 days ago. I am still not feeling well - excessively tired, no energy, feel dehydrated, and like everything is moving in slow motion. Is this normal?
Posted Thu, 7 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes this is to be expected.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for using Healthcare Magic.
An anaphylactic reaction is a life-threatening allergic event and it may take a few days before you feel back to normal health. This is because it takes time for the body to recover from the effects of the substances released during the response to the allergen. There are usually major effects on the heart and lungs with the reaction.
There will be no long-lasting effects from the episode. You should ensure you carry information always with you to indicate what you are allergic to.
At present, I suggest you drink plenty of water, rest if possible and I am sure you will feel better soon.
I hope this is of help. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Dr K A Pottinger,