Suffer with anxiety. Take xanax and prozac. Suggest natural things for treatment?

I suffer with anxiety. Can fish oil help with this? I am wanting to treat with natural things rather then Xanax . Usually take 0.5 Xanax once or twice a day. Also 20 mg Prozac once per day.
Posted Mon, 28 Oct 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Fish oils may not help

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.

I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.

Fish oils may not be so helpful. If you are interested non drug approaches then two things can help you.
1. Regular aerobic exercises in the morning.
2. Cognitive behavioural therapy. 20 min weekly sessions for 8- 10 weeks.
Both of these have proven to be useful for therapy.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.

If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.

If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.

In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,

Kind regards

Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
Follow-up: Suffer with anxiety. Take xanax and prozac. Suggest natural things for treatment? 17 minutes later
Can you give me some self help tips ? As I live in a rural community & it is kinda hard to drive so far. I have started walking again as I had a serious operation
On my foot last summer & wasn't able to walk for awhile. I have started being aware of my breathing habits & taking long ( belly) inhales thru nose & exhaling slowly the mouth. That helps . I have just about cut out caffeine in any form also. I think I inherited this disorder .
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes anxiety disorder is inherited.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the follow up.
Other ways of reducing anxiety are relaxation exercises, yoga.
Start and follow a hobby. Some people benefit with pets as well.
Dr. Srikanth Reddy