Suffer vomiting and small amounts of diarrhea. Have cramps in stomach and acid reflex. Have swelling in both testicles. Suggest?

Yes. Just returned from 10 day cruise Yesterday. On Friday I came down Vomiting for 5 hours and the next day small amounts of diarrhea on Saturday. Still haven't been able to eat much. Still cramps in stomach and acid reflex. This morning I awoke and discovered that I have swelling between in the sack between both testicles.
Posted Sun, 20 Oct 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Gastroenteritis with low protein levels

Detailed Answer:
Dear Mr XXXXX,

Thanks for the query. Because of your recent trip and the symptoms, it is highly likely that you are experiencing a gastroenteritis, most of them viral and self limited in nature. If fever, blood in stool or prolonged course over a week is noted, a trial with short term antibiotics such as ciprofloxacin for 3 days can be considered.
The scrotal swelling may be noted due to decreased absorption and intake of protein, which causes leakage of fluid in the body; at times it can be noted as well in the ankles. Recovering your appetite and gradually advancing diet as tolerated should help. Probiotics from yogurt and other sources can aid too.

Yours truly,

Dr Brenes-Salazar MD
Mayo Clinic MN