Suffer stomach ache, dark skin, weakness, headache and fast breathing. Pain during periods is more. What can be done?

Mar 2013
Profile-female,25 years,single,40kg, height 5'4",ideal weight 47
Issues- facing stomach ache over past few was not continous but happened suddenly at times.during pain ,cudnt evn change my posture.
regular decrease in weight &body mass especially face.
darkening of skin,weakness,headache, breathing rate is too fast
guilts in underarms,occurs every alternate year since 2004
RESULT-nothing found in any of test except deposition of XXXXXXX in utreus &swelling
treatments-on suggestion of a gyno,it was cured.had been taking many medicines .no gain in weight loss.stomach pain during cycles is extreme and i loose self control
Posted Sat, 27 Jul 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 7 hours later

Symptoms of weight loss, lumps in underarms (swelling of lymph nodes ), pain in abdomen and weakness are consistent with tuberculosis. Therefore I feel you should definitely rule out tuberculosis as you are underweight, having unexplained pain in the abdomen and weight loss. TB IgM is obsolete for testing of tuberculosis. Please go for the test called - Quantiferon TB Gold, or endometrial biopsy during the first day of the menstrual cycle, ideally both for ruling out tuberculosis.

For painful periods, generally preparations of dicyclomine are given. It can be taken on prescription from a gynecologist.

Other possibilities in your case are endometriosis which can be ruled out by examination by a gynec again, and a laparoscopy and pelvic ultrasound if required. Please have the suggested tests for the same. In addition a whole abdomen ultrasound might be needed.

You should also consult a gastroenterologist and a gynecologist. The aforementioned tests can be done under the specialists guidance.

If possible, please upload the results of the ultrasound report. I would like to know your Hemoglobin levels also. I would be able to comment further after viewing the reports.

Meanwhile, have a high protein diet ( 2 eggs and milk ) daily and other supplements as advised after going through the reports.

Feel free to write further.
Follow-up: Suffer stomach ache, dark skin, weakness, headache and fast breathing. Pain during periods is more. What can be done? 2 days later
hiii,thank u for providing ur feedback but this has been the same advice i got from other doctors.on my normal days,i do have constant white discharge ,sometimes its too sticky and heavy flow, i have gone for test related to tuberculosis thric but its not blood test shows normal hemoglobin levels.m pure vegeterian so cant take egg.ULTRASOUND AND PELVIC portion. endometrial biopsy is the test i was not suggested and seeing its procedure i am not comfortable to go through it.nor i do have symptoms of it.more detailed about some issues lastly wat i had during mouth infection doctor said slowly my body's immune system is getting gain weight i am taking endura mass weight gainer from a month but no there any side effects of it? preparations of dicyclomine,as u suggested me ,when i discussed with gynec,she said it has sideeffects further so should b avoided if possible.and,i have already crossed my 1st day of my periods,so evn if tests is to b conducted it vl be after 25 days,and here follow up ends in two days ,so how can we consult.because till now nothing satifactory could be concluded.what i really need is a result oriented guidence for gaining weight .looking forward for result oriented advice.
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 14 minutes later
You should not take endura mass weight gainer without prescription or supervision.
Have high protein diet.
if you cannot take eggs, then take paneer, tofu, milk, curd etc.
Please have the Quantiferon TB Test done.
Endometrial biopsy is a must to rule out genital tuberculosis.
Also, for the white discharge, examination by a gynecologist is a must.
Sometimes, it is normal to have white discharge, more around the days before your period.
Dicyclomine has no major side effects when taken for the 2 - 3 days during your periods for the pain.
Without the tests, nothing confirmatory can be said.
ultrasound pelvis also should be done.
To gain weight, join a good exercise programme in a gym under a trainer and concentrate on specific exercises , and strength training to gain weight.
bananas, dry fruits, ghee and other high calorie items should be consumed on a regular basis.