Suffer shoulder pain. Suggested due to rotten tooth. Having shoulder and neck pain. Still due to tooth?

Emergency Medicine Specialist
Hi last week I went to the doctor with a left shoulder pain , and the doctor said it may be from a bad rotted tooth I have . he gave me a course of antibiotics which I completed yesterday and have booked myself in to the dentist tomorrow, but yesterday the pain moved to my upper back right across both shoulder blades and every time I swallow I get a dry sharp pain on my neck and across the back, is this still the tooth?
Posted Wed, 30 Oct 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Ortho PentoGram(OPG) may be helpful.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing your query.

After reading your post, I would like to advise that you should go for a Orthopentogram(OPG). This will help the dentist for reaching a proper diagnosis.

If any tooth is involved, it will cause pain while chewing.
Pain while swallowing can be due to inflamed oropharynx or due to esophagitis.
A clinical examination by an ENT specialist will be beneficial.

You can take antacid like Omeprazole 40 mg once a day before meals along with Domperidone 10 mg to get relief from esophagitis caused due to reflux of acid.

I hope this is helpful to you.
If you have any further query, I will be happy to help.