Suffer severe panic attacks and degenerative spine disease. Disabled. Wondering what might be wrong with me?

Dec 2012

Wondering what might be wrong with me?
Posted Wed, 9 Oct 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Will like to know exactly what you are having

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting,

If you will be kind enough to put a description of the symptoms you are presenting so I will be able to help you further.

Dr. Nsah
Follow-up: Suffer severe panic attacks and degenerative spine disease. Disabled. Wondering what might be wrong with me? 10 minutes later
I AM HAVING NUMBNESS in arms and legs, tingling, feels like my body goes to sleep a lot lately. I am having blackout spells, finding myself in the floor when I come to, frequently. Swelling a lot, cloudy thinking, soles of feet and palms of hands are numb all the time. Would like to know what might be causing this.Pain from back injury as well as 18 broken and fractured bones. Do not take anything but Xanax, Paxil, and Nexium! No pain meds at all! Take B12, Iodine, Melatonin, B6, and Vitamin Supplement.
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
The disc diseases can be responsible: numbness

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing back,

The degenerative disc diseases that you are having may be responsible for the numbness and tingling and also responsible for the chronic lower back pain. As for the blackouts, you might be suffering from a central nervous system disorder or cardiovascular disorder. I think you should get your heart examined thoroughly by a cardiologist before your brain can be evaluated.
The most likely cause of your blackouts could be an existing heart condition that has not yet been detected and swellings plus numbness could also be related.
Depression and anxiety disorders could present to mask most of the cardiac related symptoms. In your situation, the doctor examining you will need to be thorough in ruling out all the possible causes of your symptom.
I feel your medications are good but there should be cross checked especially with newly developed symptoms.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any further questions.
Dr. Nsah