Suffer severe anxiety and panic attacks associated late stage Lyme. What can be done?

What can be done about severe anxiety and panic attacks associated with late-stage Lyme? Patient is 46 years old, female, formerly athletic, now almost totally disabled. Has had extensive antibiotic treatment, including IV, without much improvement. Now gets little sleep, has difficulty eating and keeping food down, pain, weakness, but worst is living in state of unreasonable terror.
Posted Wed, 16 Oct 2013 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.

I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what she is going through.

I can understand what one feels if she is a former athelete and now facing the lymes disease end stage. At presnt the therapy which can help her the most is the cognitive behavioral therapy. She is suffering more from her thoughts about the illness than the illness perse
She shoule go ahead with the CBT which has 20 min weekly sessions.

Hope I am able to answer your concerns.

If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.

If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.

In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,

Kind regards

Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.