Suffer retention of gases with no bowel movements. Had fever and chills. Uncomfortable sleeping postures. Remedy?

Gastroenterologist
Question
I have retired with my wife a month ago to Guatemala. Everything has been fine until about 36 hours ago. I have this retention of gases with no bowell movements. The curious thing is that my left side hurt, which prevents me from lying down. Last night I slept, not very comfortably in a lazyboy chair. Yesterday I had chills and fever. Thanks to my wifes remedies the fever went away. I am drinking XXXXXXX Selser with lemon and salt. My wife gave me a couple of pills that are common in release of gas pressure here. But all I do is urinate about 5 times last night but no release in pressure from my side or bowels. Since I am in central XXXXXXX I may not be able to find a product here that you would find in the states. Any more helpful natural remedy would be appreciated
Posted Wed, 25 Sep 2013 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
take gasex, avoid milk artificial sweetners

Detailed Answer:
Hello thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX for gas problem just observe whether milk or milk products worsen your symptoms then please avoid them. Also avoid artificial sweetners and fatty diet. Keep at least a gap of 2 hours between meals and sleep. Always take a walk for 30minutes after meals. There is tablet gasex manufactured by himalaya company use that I found it very useful in my patients.Add cardamom and ginger to your black tea and take them with meals. I hope I have answered your query. In case you have any query then let me know I will like to answer that too. Wish you a good health

Follow-up: Suffer retention of gases with no bowel movements. Had fever and chills. Uncomfortable sleeping postures. Remedy? 1 hour later
Thank you, I do not know if I can find the gasex here in Guatemala. I will have my wife look. I will try the ginger with the black tea. I do not know if cardamom is available here.

Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please check the availability and let me know

Detailed Answer:
Hello! thanks for feedback. Please check it if it is available if not then let me know, I will advise something else. Wish you a good health

Follow-up: Suffer retention of gases with no bowel movements. Had fever and chills. Uncomfortable sleeping postures. Remedy? 30 minutes later
Thank you,
my wife had 3 capsules of gasex remaining that she brought from the U.S. I took all 3 and I will see how it works. I also have some Phillips.
Thank you.
XXXXX

Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I hope they will work

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for feedback.I hope they will work well. Hope you will get better soon