Suffer repeated seizures. What can cause seizures in brain?

Nov 2013

what can cause seisures if the brain is ruled out? I have a history of MRSA, I am diabetic, have charcot XXXXXXX TOOTH, RAYNAUDS DISEASE, HYPERTENTION. after a spell as I call them I am weak and sleep for 16 or mores hpurs,. first I fgfeel warm, the i shake uncontrolably, i feel weak, this last time io rolled my eyes back into my head and i get short of breath ;like I can't fill up my lungs. each one is getting worse. I am getting weaker and weaker after each one. sop wheare shpuld we look next??? I am growing very scared so is my family. they gave me lorazapam to take if i feel one coming on..;
Posted Sun, 29 Sep 2013 in Epilepsy
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Repeated seizures are always due to brain problems

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for posting your query.

A single seizure can occur due to high or low blood sugar, high or low sodium, very high BP, low calcium, etc. But recurrent seizures are almost always due to brain problem.

You saying normal brain, which I assume that your MRI brain and EEG are normal. About 50% of patients with seizure disorder can have normal brain scan and EEG.

So, I would suggest you start anti epileptic drug such as levetiracetam to prevent the recurrence of seizures. Intermittent lorazepam would not prevent all the seizures.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist