Suffer lumps in scrotum. Having itching all over body. Having bumps after scratching. What to do?

Dermatologist
Question
Hi iam back well it's been over 60 days now and iam still struggling with these bumps on scrotum they are back again still no change from day one iam now itching all over my body my bumps on scrotum had all but gone but still itch last nite I scratched bad and this morning the bumps were back
Posted Fri, 9 Aug 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 6 hours later
From the description provided it seems you could be having scabies.
Scabies is a mite infestation and leads to severe it bing esp in night at affected areas. The affected areas are axilla, chest, abdomen, arm forearm wrist, finger web spaces , groin, genitals( scrotal area). The lesions are usually red or skin colored bumps however on scrotum these could look like nodules. Similar lesions could be seen in flat mates or family members.

The treatment requires one time overnight application of 5 percent permethrin all over the body below neck to be washed off in morning. If itching is too much take an oral antihistamine twice in a day. Once permethrin has been applied, you may start with steroid cream use to help the lesions subside.
If not much result is seen in a week, please consult a dermatologist nearby.

Hope that helped. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Follow-up: Suffer lumps in scrotum. Having itching all over body. Having bumps after scratching. What to do? 2 hours later
Hi I was thinking that but was still scared it was herpes in your opinion could it be herpes for over 60 days with no change apart from them almost goin

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 12 hours later
It is definitely not herpes.
Herpetic lesions are grouped fluid filled blisters and are usually not generalised. Besides herpes lesion does not persist for so long.

Take treatment for scabies, it should help you out.

Follow-up: Suffer lumps in scrotum. Having itching all over body. Having bumps after scratching. What to do? 2 days later
Hi thanks for that I tried to email you pics but didn't work my last question so would I be rite that these sores for 70 days that look different on penis than scrotum and have never burst cannot be herpes

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 10 hours later
Thanks for writing back. These lesions are possibly not of herpes. Herpetic lesions are clustered fluid filled blisters which on bursting may form superficial erosion and heal. Herpetic lesions would not persist for so long and if in case they would a patient would be really sick with systemic manifestations too. As I said it could be scabies, so kindly take an empirical treatment for the same.
Hope that helped.