Suffer lack of appetite, tiredness and nausea. Breasts feel tender. Have irregular periods. Can morning after pill cause like this?

Lack of apetite . Tired. Nausia in the afternoon. Moody. Tender breasts then it went away. Period due on the first because my last one was then. I'm irregular. Took the morning after pill just after my period. Can the morning after pill be doing this.
Posted Mon, 4 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Emergency pill can cause the symptoms.

Detailed Answer:

You said you have irregular periods but you did not say how irregular you are. Anyway, intercourse soon after a period is relatively safe and as such, there is no need for emergency contraception in such an instance. Chances of pregnancy are almost nil when the pill is taken within the stipulated time even during the fertile period. The symptoms you are experiencing can be caused by the emergency pill as it contains excess hormone. Your cycle may get delayed. If you do not see your period even after 10-14 days of the expected date, please consult a specialist for further evaluation.

Hope your query is clarified. Please feel free to contact for further clarifications. I will be happy to help.