Suffer joint pain in elbows. Having ammonia smelling urine and feel abdominal pressure. Worried?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
(My phone is dead until 9/20 when I'm replacing it. I spilled soup on it.)
Hi, Im having a lot of strange symptoms. I'm getting blood work done tomorrow that my doctor prescribed over a month ago. I put it off and I work long hours. At the time, I only had a lot of joint pain in both elbows. Since then, I have been having the joint pain in both elbows from mild to severe but it seemed to have improved a little, now I'm having ammonia smelling urine and a feeling of abdominal pressure for about two weeks on and off, as well as my eyes have been bothering me, and my sinuses are bothering me too (I feel very dehydrated even though Im drinking a lot of fluids), and now I'm having a swooshing noise in my ear very load the last two days. I just feel ill lately. I'm going to get the blood work tomorrow and call my primary first thing in the am. I have a low ejection fraction which I was diagnosed with when I had my son 8 years ago and had postpartum cardiomyopathy. My numbers are between 40-45 ejection fraction. I take Diovan and carvedilol for that. Anyway, I'm very concerned. I've never had such strange symptoms. I do need to lose about 20 lbs. My usual weight is around 130 and I'm about 155. I'm just worried.
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Joint pain can be due to arthritis,gout.

Detailed Answer:

Your elbow pain can be due to arthritis may be rheumatoid or gouty arthritis.
You may need blood investigation like RA factor, uric acid level, CBC, sr creatinine, blood urea, sr electrolyte.
According to blood reports you need to start medications.
Smell of ammonia in urine has different causes but in your case can be due to dehydration, others include UTI [infection], menopausal period, and vitamin intake.

Yes you need to take care of your cardiac workup regularly as your ejection fraction is low.
For weight reduction you need to plan your diet, do work up to burn you fat but be careful as your cardiac muscles are weak.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.