Suffer irregular cycles. Reports showed anteverted bulky uterus. What does this mean?

Excellent
Question
I have anteverted bulky 7.0 x 3.8 cm uterus and irregular cycle of period what does it mean.

The thickness of the endometrium is 5 mm. I have one child aged 8 years.
Posted Fri, 15 Nov 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please reply few questions

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX

Kindly reply few questions so that I can guide you further:
- How irregular your cycle is? I want to know the duration of bleeding and frequency of periods?
- Do you have heavy menstrual bleeding?
- Do you have severe pain during menstruation?
- Are you using any contraceptive measures?
- Do you have any abnormal vaginal discharge? example white discharge?

Please ask if you have more questions, and do write back with the answers so that I can guide you further.

Awaiting your response.

Dr Arif

Follow-up: Suffer irregular cycles. Reports showed anteverted bulky uterus. What does this mean? 1 hour later
I have a gap of some 70 days sometimes say once in 6 months rest is regular cycle of 35 days. I do have mild pain in the 1st day ,bleeding is normal . I am not using any contraceptive . I do have mild white discharge.

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Need hormonal evaluation.

Detailed Answer:
thank you for answering the questions, after analyzing your menstrual pattern, currently you are having an-ovulatory periods, that means there is no proper ovulation, which is commonly seen in PCOS-poly cystic ovarian disease or POF-pre mature ovarian failure. Bulky uterus is not related to your menstrual pattern, it could be incidental finding.
What I suggest you is serum FSH-follicular stimulating hormone, LH-leutinizing hormone, TFT-thyroid function test, serum prolactin levels--------all these tests to rule out hormonal problems.
Treatment depends on the cause, I suggest you to visit your OBGY specialist and get all these investigations done. After clinical evaluation you might be put on combined oral contraceptive pills cyclically for getting regular periods.
If you are overweight kindly lose weight, that can help you in regularizing the periods.
Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!

Follow-up: Suffer irregular cycles. Reports showed anteverted bulky uterus. What does this mean? 10 hours later
Thanx Doctor I will speak to you after I get the hormonal tests done is there any specific time for these hormonal tests.

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Kindly get it as soon as possible.

Detailed Answer:
I apologize for the late response; I was away from my computer due to unavoidable reasons.
Coming back to your question, as your periods are irregular, you can get the tests done irrespective of menstrual day. Otherwise ideal time is day 3rd of menstrual cycle.