Suffer heavy vomiting and diarrhea. Having body ache, chills and headache. No appetite. Suggestions?

My question is simply about my being contagious. My 1 yr old gdtr had short-term virus 2 days ago, heavy vomiting, some diarrhea, no energy, etc. In last 24 hrs it passed to my 2 yr old & 4 yr old gkids, then to my wife & our daughter who all had the same symptoms. Son in law also but he had more diarrhea & little vomiting. So I've been seeing to everyone all day but have felt horrible: body aches, chills, headache, maybe a low grade fever, which is all I ever run, and some "indigestion" but no diarrhea or vomiting. But I never vomit, haven't in over 15 years. What are the chances I have the virus? If it makes them have diarrhea & nausea would it absolutely make me also? The reason I ask is I need to know whether to go to work or not tomorrow, I'm a pastor. The way I feel now I would probably push to go and deliver my 2 sermons and come home quickly after. But if I have a virus I don't need to be there spreading it to others. And does my family need to stay home tomorrow, too? Thank you!
I should also say that I don't really have an appetite. I watch my weight but I don't miss many meals. I had a small bowl of fried rice for lunch and haven't really wanted anything since.
Posted Tue, 6 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Guru 1 hour later

Thanks for consulting HealthcareMagic!

As there has been rapid spread in the family, the virus though not confirmed seems highly contagious. Regarding your main doubt- Though you do not have the classic symptoms as the other family members are having, there is suspicion that you too may have got infected. Immunity and resistance to virus differs from individual to individual and so some symptoms may be suppressed. Particularly, kids have an aggressive presentation. As the exact kind of virus is not is confirmed, I cannot comment on how long it may be able to spread.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further. If you are satisfied please proceed with closing and rating this answer.

Wish you a good health!