Suffer headache. Feeling malasie. Passing excessive amounts of clear urine. Taking Sotolol, Aprovel Lipitor and asprin. Guide?

Nov 2013

I suffer from headache episodes and need to send details to a neurologist.
It becomes apparent an attack is starting on waking or by mid morning. A feeling of malaise with typical flulike symptoms increasing as thee day progresses. Frequently accompanied with passing excessive amounts of clear urine . These symptoms increase to the point that bed is necessary 2 to 3 hours sleep lessens the symptoms . followed be a restless night and the following day gradually diminishing symptoms. Attacks now occur every 10 to 20 days. I take Sotolol, Aprovel Lipitor and asprin
Posted Fri, 30 Aug 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 56 minutes later

Thank you for posting your query.

Based on your symptoms, the most likely cause for your symptoms could be vascular headache, a type of migraine. The underlying cause in your case could be brain ischemia (lack of blood flow to brain). Since you are already on aspirin and statins, you are protected against any major ischemia of brain.

The severity of brain ischemia can be evaluated by doing an MRI scan of brain.

As of now, you need to start preventive medications to prevent the recurrence of these episodes. The options include Topiramate, divalproex, etc.

I hope it helps Please get back if you have any more queries.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist