Suffer gag reflex attacks. Waking up frequently. Suffer panic. What might this be?

OK, here we go. Recently, after battling jumps in blood pressure, I've mentioned that I started to have gag reflex attacks. I had them for a week, then they stopped, and then they re-appeared again today. Happened during eating today. Plus, I've been having all sorts of dreams, waking up frequently, and total hysteria/panics. What that might be?
Posted Sat, 10 Aug 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Pankaj Malhan 44 hours later

Thanks for asking.

increase in the blood pressure along with palpitations,panic, along with getting up frequently signifies few of the following possibilities:

Anxiety/ Mood Disorder
Problems with the catecholamine metabolism
Heart rhythm problems - arrhythmia

As you can see, there are wide possibilities there ranging from the anxiety to cardiac problems.

Please consult your doctor to go for some investigations like thyroid test and ECG to rule out the cardiac and hormonal problem.

if they are normal ,you may need to see your psychologist/psychiatrist, as this can all be stress induced.

Please let me know if you need further management.