Suffer from urge to pass stools and stomach pain. Blood test showed vitamin b12-149 pg/ml. Suggested vitamin b12 and Rizo 20. Help?

Hello sir,

This is in regard with my previous query ( WWW.WWWW.WW where i reported Flatulence and urge for passing stool and minutes stomach ache. Who had asked for me to go for Blood count and Thryoid and Vitamin b12 test. All the test are normal but only vitamin b12 count is 149 pg/ml.
I have consulted a gastro and he has suggested vitamin b12 shots and Rizo 20 and Rizagut tablets for two weeks. I even underwent endoscopy and biopsy and all the results were fine.
I wanted an opinion from you regarding this. It will be very helpfull and will install confidence in me.
Posted Mon, 12 Aug 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 10 hours later
Vitamin B12 is an essential nutrient for formation of DNA - the genetic basis of all of us. Hence a defeciency of the same affects all cells and is more apperent in those having a high turn over rate like the GI tract and the blood cells
Vit B12 defeciency can cause digestion problems, belching is usually not seen with it. Sometimes the cause of Vit B12 defeciency, like gastritis may produce these symptoms. You may continue the medications prescibed and take a vit B12 XXXXXXX diet - Non Veg, milk products, egg
Follow-up: Suffer from urge to pass stools and stomach pain. Blood test showed vitamin b12-149 pg/ml. Suggested vitamin b12 and Rizo 20. Help? 2 hours later
Thanks a lot sir.
Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 26 hours later
Pleasure is mine.

Take care!