Suffer from severe head ache. Which specialist should I see?

My wife often suffers from severe head aches. I wanted to know which specialist should we see for this? Head ache specialist or Neurologist? (are all head ache specialist nuroligist?)
Posted Mon, 23 Sep 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 2 hours later
Brief Answer: XXXXXXX medicine specialist

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Headache can be due to many causes. If you can describe your wife's symptoms in detail I will be better able to help you.

There is no specialty called as headache specialists. The people are usually managed according to the cause of their symptoms. If the origin of headaches is from brain than a neurologist will come in picture. If the source of headache is sinus infection than an ear, nose and throat specialist will be helpful. There can be some other cause as well and accordingly the treatment will be given.

I think the first doctor to visit can be an XXXXXXX medicine specialist in a reputed multi-specialty hospital. He will take a detail history and conduct an examination. He will be able to figure out probable cause and refer your wife accordingly to a specialist.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Vaishalee