Suffer from piles. Taking Oflox OZ and Aceloflam SP. Have hemmorrhoid. Having pain and itching. What can be done?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
I have delivered a baby in March 2013 through C section, since then I am suffering from Piles/Anus fissure. I never had any long history of Constipation before or after delivery. I have taken various medicines as per prescribed by doctors and also following the precautions suggested by him but still 4-5 days in a Month, pain returns. Medicines which I am taking are Oflox OZ and Aceloflam SP, I am using Anovate ointment. For 2 months have also tried V-Clam 625 and Lactobacil Plus and used Faktu. I have XXXXXXX Hemorrhoid and feel sensation, pain, itching while motion but there is no blood so my Doctor says it is rather Anus fissure. i avoid oily, spicy food and to avoid any constipation doctor suggested me to take some syrup and I am taking Evict syrup as well. Though I get relief occasionally but after few days it again start hurting badly. I soak my bottom daily in warm water as advised by Doctor. I drink water to the maximum. I am not in favour any more surgery so please suggest accordingly. I am fed up by taking medicines.
Posted Tue, 23 Jul 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Nitin Rao 22 minutes later

The problem as you say appears to be an anal fissure with hemorrhoids.
In view of your recent delivery and hopefully you are breast feeding the child would suggest you to avoid lot of medications.

Suggest you to :
1. Diet low in spices and fats but very high in green leafy vegetables.
2. Take an oral laxative such as Movicol/ Gut clear etc.
3. Sitz bath twice a day, do put a capful of Betadine in the warm water and sit for 10-15 minutes twice a day.
4. Apply a local anaesthetic in the bottom for pain relief.

Follow-up: Suffer from piles. Taking Oflox OZ and Aceloflam SP. Have hemmorrhoid. Having pain and itching. What can be done? 1 hour later

I am not breast feeding as I could not produce milk after one month of delivery due to unknown reasons. Also I have already informed you that I take no spicy foods and already applying ointment in bottoms. Will increase sitz bath one more time a day but is there any permanent solution to the problem or I would be doing all these stuff life long?? I never had any problem in my life related to digestion or sort of. Some friends have suggested to take Ayurvedic medicines to completely eliminate the problem. I am already following most of the medications suggested by you.
Answered by Dr. Nitin Rao 3 days later

Please do see a general surgeon who will advice the best. Yes there are permanent cures for fissure in term of a minor surgery named sphincterotomy however as you might be prone for hemorrhoids yes taking care of your diet and stools is a long term care.