Suffer from pain in the back of the neck and head and pain in near lower abdomen. What to do?

Hi Sir/Madam,

I have two queris regarding my health ,which are as below.

1) Pain on the back back side of neck and head: Occasnaly I feel heavy pain on the back side of the neck and head.When every i travel (train or by air) and have to seat constantly for more than 3 hours then i get this pain. And it last for a day or two. Can yu please suggest what might be the probelm or what should i do. Or you can sugget me any good doctor near to whitefield.

2) Ocaasionly feeling pain near to lower abdomen: Some time I feel heavy pain in lower abdomen and feel that this might be beacuse of harnia . But it does not have any pattern and somtime it is quite unbearbale and can not even walk. But it goes by itself without taking any medicin if i take 3-4 hr of rest. Could you please suggest me on this or suggest me good doctor .
Thanks in advance .... Waiting for your response..

Thanks and Reagrds
Posted Tue, 13 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 2 hours later

Thanks for writing on XXXXXXX

From the outset, both your complaints do not bother me a lot. I understand the pain can be concerning, however those occasional pain may not mean anything serious. Based on your description, let me provide some useful recommendations here:

1. Occasional headaches after a long travel may be stress related. Tension headaches are precipitated by stress. You can take antiinflammatory pain killers before or after the travel to relieve the headaches. If such headaches recur frequently at other times, you can consult a physician or neurologist to obtain prescription of prophylactic medications.

2. Pain in the lower abdomen can be related to intestinal cramps, hernia, urinary infection or even renal stones. That being said, it would be very little for a doctor XXXXXXX (private consultation) can offer when you are absolutely pain free - visiting your doctor when you are free from pain may be futile. Therefore I suggest you to visit a surgeon when you develop pain. He/she can examine you and order for tests such as urine test and ultrasound scan to confirm the cause of pain.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Follow-up: Suffer from pain in the back of the neck and head and pain in near lower abdomen. What to do? 9 minutes later
Hi ,

Thanks a lot for your is very helpful...
Could you please suggest me any doctor near to whitefield for both .

Thanks and Regards
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later

I appreciate your feed backs.

As far as doctors is concerned, I do not have any personal reference of doctor in that part of Bangalore. You can try the following link
WWW.WWWW.WW It list doctors based on specialty and location. There are user written reviews of some doctors which can help you.

You should consider consulting neurologist for headache and surgeon for abdominal pain.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarification.
If all your questions are answered, please close this discussion and leave your reviews.