Suffer from oily skin and acne. Due to excessive testosterone production?

I worry too much sometimes. . since i get oily skin and have acne does that mean that my testicles are producing lots of testosterone and are functioning well?. my nose area gets lots of oil. im 24 and have had acne mild to severe since i was 14
Posted Sun, 7 Apr 2013 in Acne
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 29 minutes later
Thanks for the query

The oily skin and acne does not mean that your testicles produce too much testosterone.

The oily skin is due to excessive secretions of sebaceous glands and when then these gland get block there is accumulation of these secretions which then gets infected with bacteria called bacterium acnae which forms pus in that blocked secretion which results in acne. They are treatable with topical isotretinoin cream and oral doxycylins.

If you still have some query, feel free to ask