Suffer from nausea and fainting episodes. Taking thyroxine for under active thyroid. Are these related?

Question
I have an underactive thyroid for which I take thyroxine. I feel nauseous all day and very faint. Is this linked
Posted Mon, 13 May 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 39 minutes later
Hi dear,
Thanks for writing in. Your symptoms are not related to hypothyroidism in any way. I hope your latest TSH report was within normal range. The exact cause for yhese symptoms needs to be determined by physical examination and investigations. So you see a good physician. Take multi vitamins, calcium, Vit B12 and vitamin D supplementation. Check your hemoglobin level too and take hematinics if its level is low.
Hope this helps.
Shivaprasad