Suffer from lack of motivation in life. How can I change?

I need help understanding my lack of motivation. I use to be so neat, shower daily and organized. Over the years that all changed. For the past 2 years I have been living with my In-laws and I have 2 kids. I don't feel depressed though. His mother is a clutter type person and I wonder if that is what changed me. More than anything I would like to know how to get my motivation back even if its just baby steps at first. Years ago I couldn't walk out of the house without taking a shower now it takes everything I have to take one. Any idea what is happening and how I can change it? Thank you I appreciate it XXXXXXX
Posted Sun, 22 Sep 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
It can back to surrounding factors.

Detailed Answer:
Hi there, thanks for asking. One of reasons for lack of motivation is the distance between what we do and what we want to do. If you have a personality which wants every thing to be perfect and you see some issues in contrast around you, it could cause lack of motivation. The best way maybe to move toward independence gradually to have more autonomy. That would help for your motivation. Let me know if you have any other questions. Best wishes.