Suffer from hair loss and patches of baldness. Diagnosed with hereditary hair loss. Prescribed Alpecin and caffeinated shampoo. Cure?

I am a twenty five year old man i have been struggling with hairloss since last August and now i can see patches of baldness in my crown and also severe thining in my front side of scalp,i visited a doctor three month ago and was diagnosed with hereditary hairloss(i have to say that the doctor did not test my scalp whatsoever and just ask whether i had a relative or parent with baldness and with me saying that my father was bald he concluded that my case would be the same.
He gave me some medicine to take such as Alpecin and caffeinated shampoo and some capsules under the name of Prosterbe but since three months ago that i have been taking them no change whatsoever is seen in my hair condition.
It has seriously affected my psychological hygiene because i used to have a full head of hair but now me being affected by hairloss i feel like less attractive than i used to be.
Please guide me whether there is a way to stop my hereditary hairloss and regrow my hair or do i have to go under hair transplant surgery after all?
Posted Sat, 13 Jul 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 2 hours later
Male pattern baldness or androgenic alopecia is usually hereditary and hence the doctor would have diagnosed you with the same.
He has given you a correct medication.
I would like to see a photograph of your scalp, this will help me in assessing the degree of loss.
On the basis of this I can suggest you whether you require medication or surgical management.
Kindly upload a photograph.
Waiting for your response.
Thank you