Suffer from gastritis, GERD and gluten intolerance. Taking pantoprazol. Getting esophageal flutters. Why?

I have gastritis gerd and gluten intolerance, I am taking pantoprozol for gastritis....I get esophageal flutters, no pain just annoying, followed by a loud deep burp. Its really annoying and usually only happens with certain foods, now it has been going on since Sunday! :( I am seeing the Gastro Doc Wedsnesday but just cant take it and need relief! Please help!
Thanks!! XXXXXXX
Posted Mon, 8 Apr 2013 in GERD
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

The best remedy for a milder form of GERD would be by antacids like Pantoprazole. If not found relief and the symptoms are since long duration then surgery would be a definitive management. "Nissen fundoplication" is the procedure employed in treating the disease permanently.

The associated symptom like esophageal flutter and the burping will surely subside once the main cause (GERD) is treated. Meanwhile you can take a pro-kinetic drug like Cisapride or Mosapride to get relief from such symptoms.

Today’s research indicates that a move toward individualizing the dosing of prescription agents is warranted and it can happen only after physical consultation. Hence, I suggest you to consult your General physician to get a dosage formulated and acquire a hand written prescription for the above mentioned medication.

Hope, I was of some help.

Please do let me know if there are any other concerns.